When researching online for a new chainsaw, one of the manufacturers that you will see a lot is Husqvarna. The Husqvarna Company is a Swedish manufacturer of outdoor power merchandise including chainsaws, trimmers, brushcutters, cultivators, garden tractors, and mowers. There are 4 popular models from which you can choose from below . They many special features on their line of chain saws. See why this product is the best chainsaw for the money.
- Husqvarna 460 24-Inch Rancher Chain Saw 60cc 966048324
- Husqvarna 460 Rancher 20-Inch 60.3cc 2-Stoke X-Torq Gas Powered Chain Saw
- New HUSQVARNA 460 Rancher 24″ 60.3cc 3.62HP Gas Powered Chain Saw XTorq Chainsaw
- Husqvarna 455 Rancher 20-Inch 55-1/2cc 2-Stroke Gas-Powered Chain Saw
But what makes Husqvarna such a good brand? Why is it that it’s the chainsaw that everyday people go to? Below we have listed some of the reasons why people who are searching for a chain saw will often choose a Husqvarna.
Features of Engines in Husqvarna Chainsaws
Modifications to Carburetors
The carburetors in the chains saws have been modified so that the chain saw hums at an RPM that is fixed. This helps with the chain saw running cleaner and smoother. Husqvarna also has made it very simple for you to adjust your carburetor if it’s necessary.
Modifications to Engines
Husqvarna chain saws now use 2-ring pistons instead of the 1-pin piston. This type of piston means that the engine is more efficient and runs much cooler. This means that it lasts longer.
Modification to Start Up
Because it uses a combination of electronic ignition and a certain decompression valve, you’ll find the chain saw starts up a lot easier. This means that you won’t have to pull as strongly on your starting cord. There are many users who particularly love this feature.
Miscellaneous Modification to the Engine
There are also improvements that Husqvarna has made on the engines of their chain saws:
- Air purge Smart Start provides easy starting
- A reduction of vibration to help with reducing operator fatigue
- An improvement in clutch so that slippage is reduced
- Cylinders with longer lives to help with giving better lubrication, cooling and wear and therefore more power on the output
- An improvement in the control of the pump primer so that flooding is eliminated
Improvements to the Housing/Casing of Chain Saws
Casing has been smoothed out and rough or sharp edges are eliminated so there is less chance of snagging
Polymer housing has been toughened so that it’s more durable yet still light in weight
Handle size has been increased so that it’s easier to hold
Sprocket cover has been streamlined so that clogging is reduced and cleaning is easier.
Improvements in Safety for Husqvarna Chainsaws
- Newest safety feature is the TrioBrake™, a unique way of stopping the chain rapidly.
- Inertia activated chain brake and LowVib features for added safety and absorbs vibration, reducing the impact on your arms and hands creating a more comfortable chainsaw
- Rear hand guard’s been designed to help with reducing injury. This particular design also gives you a wider spot to place your foot anytime you start up your chain saw.
- The front handle’s been ergonomically designed to reduce injury risk and for comfort. This also gives you a grip that is more secure.
- A chain catcher’s been designed so that you have a reduced risk of coming into contact with your chain if something should happen.
Improvements to Maintenance of Chainsaws
- Automatic chain and bar oiler has been developed for ensuring proper lubrication and for using a lesser amount of oil
- Inboard chain brake’s been developed which needs less maintenance but makes it simpler to remove the sprocket.
- Unique system for adjusting the chain has been developed which allows adjustment of your chain tension without the need for tools.
- Side mounted chain tensioner.
Key Points About Husqvarna Chainsaws
- A robust all round chainsaw.
- Ideal for demanding cutting jobs where more power is required for a longer guide bar.
- Equipped with X-Torq engine with high torque over a wide rpm range.
- The saws body is ergonomically designed allowing for easy handling of the saws power.
- Further features include Smart Start, Air Injection, LowVib and combined choke/stop control.
As you have read in this Chainsaw Review, there are many reasons why when people are shopping for a new chain saw they choose a Husqvarna chain saw. They come with a lot of great features that makes operating their chain saws much safer and easier to operate for every day use.