Buying a house is a huge and important decision it is among the toughest ones that we have to make in our lifetime. While most people do very well in the quest for buying the best house, a little assistance is always welcome. In order to find a perfect home for yourself and family, you might want to start by finding the best area, place, and location. And, the neighborhood of Colma in California is one great place to consider.
How To Find Your Dream Home in Colma CA?
If you are thinking of moving to California, then the first thing you need to do is to find out all about California homes for sale. The perfect way to do this is to scour to the classifieds of your local newspaper for homes for sale adverts or going through the local directory to find phone numbers of and other information about California real estate agents.
It is easy to get an overview of California Real Estate Listings by searching online. A simple search with the keyword “Colma CA” will produce multiple results giving you a list of new homes, resale homes; foreclosed homes as well as a number of townhouses. You can select a specific category from the options given and begin the search process once over once again with additional keywords.
There are lots of options in California Property Listings, which can prove to be a bit taxing for a prospective buyer. Those interested in purchasing a home in the city can browse through multiple types of homes for sale California property listings. As a whole, the real estate market is thriving, yet the general price of properties of this place is surprisingly affordable.
California communities are a growing & thriving community. People concerned with budget or with financial constraints can find a listing of California homes for sale quite interesting from the monetary aspect as well. With all the necessary amenities as well as ample recreational facilities the community life provides for a friendly and relaxed atmosphere for people desiring to relocate to the area.
What To Look For In A California Neighborhood?
Various homes for sale in Colma CA are mostly traditional, multi-storied and single family homes on large plots of land; some houses of this community are located in new subdivisions. Several condos and townhouses are enlisted in the real estate markets a well while a few of these premium properties are located throughout the city.
It is therefore possible to close a deal in your favor provided you have the assistance of a professional real estate agent. Your realtor is sure to help you out with the complexities of the legal wrangles and paperwork that you are bound to face while purchasing property in the city.
The bottom line is that though there may be many homes for sale in Colma CA, only very few would be what you really want and getting such a place is a challenge that you ought to take on with no fear. So, keep doing your research before finalizing a buying decision!
Homes for Sale California - Help for Home Buyers
Selling a home takes a lot of hard work on the part of the home sellers especially if they are doing it on their own. A major part of the process involves a lot of calculating numbers from setting the home price, taxes and legal fees to the amount of profit the seller is going to get. But of course, even before the sale is completed, every seller would want to know the net proceeds he or she will get.
The money you will have when by the closing of the home sale transaction will be the total sale price of the property. However, you won't be able to keep the entire amount as you may need to pay for debts, liens and other charges against the property. So, your net proceeds will actually be the total sale price minus the charges which mostly make up the closing costs.
Below are several important fees that are normally paid out of the sale proceeds. Knowing these charges as well as setting a fair market value for your home will help you accurately calculate your potential net profit.
Attorney's fees. Every home seller will need the help of a real estate lawyer. The attorney plays a vital role in the financial transaction not only as an advisor but also as an escrow agent when you need a third party to keep the deposit or down payment. The fee is either a flat fee at a minimum of about $350 or by the hour.
Disbursements. These refer to expenses incurred by a lawyer on behalf of the seller such as the mortgage discharge fee paid to land titles, title search fees, couriers and other charges.
Property taxes. These taxes are paid every year. However, this can be negotiated as to who will should the payment.
Transfer taxes. This is a tax that may be implemented by states, counties or municipalities on transferring real estate property within the jurisdiction. Transfer taxes may range from a small of .01% to 2.2%. It is best that before selling your home, you check your area's rates from the Recorder of Deeds, a title company or a realtor.
Mortgage. The balance of your mortgage will be paid out of the sale proceeds. Unless your mortgage is in good standing, you will also have to pay for mortgage penalty and a discharge fee paid to the lender. All mortgage payments due on or before the possession date will have to be paid by the seller.
Loans. If there's a home equity loan or line of credit secured on your home such as via collateral mortgage or caveat, it must be paid out of the sale proceeds. Also, payment for any home renovation loan will have to be taken out of the proceeds.
Home warranty. This guarantees the buyer that all mechanical and electrical appliances in the home are in good working condition on the day of closing up to the first year of ownership. A warranty costs at a minimum of $350.
Courier fee. You will need to pay this when you pay off a loan and this fee can run from $10 to $50 and upwards.
There may be other fees apart from those listed here. What's important, though, is that keep a list of the closing costs and copies of your sales documents to help you figure out your potential proceeds.
Homes for Sale California - Preparing Your House For Sale
When houses are for sale is put on the market the homeowners want to make sure that they can sell it for as much money as possible so this is why it is important that you improve the value of your home. A homeowner can accomplish this in many ways. Some home improvement projects can be expensive while others are inexpensive. When deciding what home improvement projects to do to increase the value of houses for sale the homeowner should try to look at the house from a buyer's perspective to see what they might see that would make the home worth the price you are asking.
• If it has been several years since the walls were painted or the colors are outdated or do not seem to go together take the time to repaint. Choose soft colors that coordinate with each other. You do not want to paint your walls a bright color. Have soft colors will give the perspective buyer the opportunity to imagine how their furniture would look in the various rooms and if the colors do not suit them it is easier to paint over soft colors than bright colors.
• Clean and organize your home. Since you are moving pack up some of the personal items such as family photos, personal items, etc and rent a storage area in which to store the boxes. Make your home less cluttered. If you have any extra furniture put those in storage also. You want to have the perspective buyer to view the home with their things in the rooms and not your stuff. It will also make the rooms seem larger without all the clutter.
• Clean the carpets and make sure they have no odor.
• Change the knobs on the kitchen cabinets to give them a new look and wipe down the outside of the cabinets and make sure they are clean and organized.
• When a perspective buyer comes to your home the first thing that they see is the front of the home and the front yard so make sure that your lawn is mowed and looks neat. If you have children, there should be none of their toys scattered in the front yard. This is referred to as "curb appeal."
• Make sure any shrubs are neatly trimmed
• Before houses for sale are put on the market, the homeowner should have the roof inspected and replaced if necessary. This would be one of the bigger expenses to improve the value of your home.
• Make sure that the driveway has no cracks and is free of oil spots.
These are just some of the many ways in which homes for sale can improve their market value.